Original PASSHE Template Elements from Introduction and Program Appraisal
Because the academic program of the Andruss Library differs from other academic programs at Bloomsburg University, the introductory elements listed below from the original PASSHE template have been addressed in ways that align with the Library’s work.
- List the name of the program along with the award, CIP code, and all delivery method(s).
- Provide the names, titles, and relationship to the department for every member of the review team.
- Provide as an appendix a curriculum overview and academic map for program completion. Along with the overview, please list all major and major-related courses. If concentrations are offered, please list each concentration with all associated courses. An example for a Baccalaureate program has been provided in Appendix A.
- Describe any curriculum changes made to the program over the previous five years. Include the date and the reason for the changes.
- If relevant, describe the manner in which the offerings of other departments satisfy core and elective requirements and support the student learning outcomes of the program.
Below are Program Appraisal elements that were present in the original PASSHE template. These have been addressed within the Program Appraisal above by the ACRL Standards for Libraries in Higher Education.
Review of Program Performance
- Provide a summary of relevant performance data.
- Program data provided by the Office of the Chancellor will include:
- Headcount and FTE enrollment with filters for academic level (freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior) and ethnicity
- Completions with filters for ethnicity
- Student credit hours and student credit hours at graduation with filters for ethnicity and admit type (transfer or non-transfer)
- Four-year and six-year graduation rates with filters for ethnicity
- Retention rates with filters for year, term, and ethnicity
- Additional data added by the Office of the Chancellor to the program review environment should be reviewed for inclusion in the review
- Data not provided by the Office of the Chancellor but relevant can be provided along with a citation of the data source
- Compare performance against declared institutional, departmental, and/or program targets
- Describe any challenges or external factors that may have impacted the program performance
Student Learning Outcomes
- Provide all student learning outcomes for the program.
- Describe the plan for assessing student learning and results.
- Analysis of findings from assessment plan.
- Where is the program on track?
- Where does the program need improvement to meet the student learning outcomes?
- If applicable, describe other relevant program outcomes not directly related to specific student learning outcomes but otherwise noteworthy.
- What are the trends in number of student majors, enrollments and degrees granted since the previous review?
- Are there any developments within the profession, local community, or the Commonwealth that identifies an anticipated need, or lack thereof, for the program in the future? Include market research if available.
Academic Support Services
- Describe departmental, college, and university services that support the program (e.g. writing center, learning center, computer laboratories, tutorial services)
- Describe the current human, physical and fiscal resources that carry out the program goals and objectives.
- Analysis of the adequacy of current staffing.
- Analysis of the program’s physical resources.
- Analysis of the program’s sources of funding.