Over 100 Years of Tiffany on the Bloomsburg Campus
Bloomsburg University has had the privilege of owning three Tiffany Studios stained-glass windows for over 100 years. The windows were acquired in the spring semester of 1920 as a way of commemorating the 50th anniversary of the first graduated class of teachers from Bloomsburg State and to honor Principal Dr. Waller Jr who was retiring that year. Two of the windows depict figures, one featuring the lady Truth and the other the lady Virtue. The third window is used as an archway for doors with the sides depicting foliage that leads up to a banner above the doorway saying “Truth and Virtue”. These stained-glass windows are prime examples of the beautiful quality of work done by Tiffany Studios as well as several different glass techniques utilized to create magnificent details without the use of paint or enamels. Within their time at the school, the three windows have had three different homes in buildings on campus. The first was the entrance to the Waller Hall annex of a boy’s dormitory, one of the entrances to the old Harvey A. Andruss Library, and its current home on the second and third floor of the new Harvey A. Andruss Library.
Andruss Library | 570-389-4205 | email@example.com
©Copyright Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania • 400 East Second Street, Bloomsburg PA 17815-1301 • 570.389.4000