The guidelines below listed below will apply to most of the materials in these categories, but as with any policy must be flexible and individual items may still be evaluated for their appropriateness on a case-by-case basis by the Coordinator of Special Collection. The policy was last revised on January 30, 2001.
1. An Imprint date to 1850.
2. A unique, rare, valuable item.
3. Inscription by a famour/prominent author.
4. Susceptibility to loss and/or damage due to content or subject matter.
5. Local art exhibition catalogs printed specifically to accompany an exhibition.
6. Caldecott and Newberry award-winning books.
7. Covered bridges, especially those in Pennsylvania
8. Items of local interest, including the history of the town Bloomsburg, Columbia County, and the surrounding counties in Northeast Pennsylvania.
9. The Molly Maguires and anthracite coal mining.
10. Louis Comfort Tiffany and stained glass
11. Educational textbooks prior to 1910
12. Items that complement other existing materials in the collection.
Andruss Library | 570-389-4205 | email@example.com
©Copyright Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania • 400 East Second Street, Bloomsburg PA 17815-1301 • 570.389.4000