Computing in the Library
Library Computing FAQs
How do I log onto a computer in the library?
- To log onto any University computer, students, staff, and faculty use their email (Huskies) user name and email password, also called their Single Sign On (SSO).
- PA Residents use their name, firstname.lastname, as their username and Barcode from their library card to serve as password, until they change it.
Is there remote access to the library's electronic journals and databases?
- Currently affiliated or enrolled students, staff, and faculty have remote access using their SSO. Visit the Off-Campus Access page for more information.
Where can I get help with my computer or laptop in the library?
- Come to the 1st floor desk in the Library where a Lab Consultant can help you, or call 570-389-5559.
Where can I get help with using a computer program?
- Again, come to the 1st floor desk in the Library for help, where a staff member or librarian or lab consultant may help you. For more in-depth tutorials, the University provides access to LinkedinLearning, which contains a huge array of tutorials, including ones on software used at BU.
Where can I take my clicker if I need help?
- Bring your clicker to the Instructional Media Design Center (IMDC) in Andruss Library 206 if you need help with your clicker. As you exit the main stairs on the second floor, go left through the glass doors and left again to find the IMDC.
Accomodative Services for Individuals with Disabilities
Wheelchair access to the building is provided at the middle door of the main entrance/exit. All lavatories have wheelchair-accessible stalls.
Devices for the visually impaired, including a computer with JAWS, are on the first floor.
There is a study room on the 2nd floor for students who have registered with Accommodative Services. Ask at the 1st floor desk for assistance.
Computing on Campus
FAQs for Computing on Campus
How can I reset my HuskyID password?
- This page, https://password.bloomu.edu/, allows you to change or reset your HuskyID password. Select 'Change your password' if you know your current password. Select 'Reset your password' if you do NOT know your current password.
- Note: If you do not know your Student ID Number when using 'Reset', stop by the Registrar's office in the Student Services Center. They will be able to assist you once you've shown your photo ID. Or call the Registrar's Office at 570-389-4263 between the hours of 8:00 to 4:30 Eastern time for assistance with obtaining your student ID number.
How do I register my laptop/desktop/other device?
What is my SSO?
- Your Student HuskyID is your Single Sign On (SSO) account for all university related systems. Your HuskyID gives you access to public computers across campus in computer labs, Office 365 Student email, ISIS portal, BOLT, Wireless connections, Dorm computer registration, and all other university systems.
Where can I borrow audio and video equipment for my class?
- Instructional Media Services, located in McCormick Center 1228, has equipment, facilities, and services that students may use for media projects or productions related to approved class assignments.
Andruss Library | 570-389-4205 | firstname.lastname@example.org
©Copyright Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania • 400 East Second Street, Bloomsburg PA 17815-1301 • 570.389.4000