Skip to main content
Bloomsburg University Andruss Library new online public catalog
Bloomsburg University Andruss Library has a new online public catalog, with a new look, feel, and features. You may access the new catalog through --
- BU Books & More tab on the library homepage. Either type in your search terms or click on Advanced Search to search by title.
- Search Everything @ BU, also on the library homepage. Run a search and limit the results to 'Catalog Only.'
- Direct URL: http://primo.bloomu.edu
As always, contact Ask a Librarian for assistance.
- What is the new catalog called?
The library's public catalog is called BU Books & More. Staff may refer to it as Primo, which is the vendor's name for the public catalog (Alma is the name for the backend catalog where cataloging and access services maintain catalog records), but more often the catalog will be referred to as BU Books.
- What new features does it have?
- Easy sign on using BU email user name and password (SSO)
- Use 'Library Card' - to access your account for renewals, fines, etc.
- Use 'Favorites' - to access your saved searches, items, tags, and labels
- Much easier to limit by Location or Subject using limiters on the left on the results' page
- All oversize locations are combined into one for the purposes of using the Location filter, but the actual location (e.g. Oversize Gen Coll) is still listed on the record display.
- Formats citations using MLA, APA, or Chicago
- Direct Export to RefWorks and other reference management programs
- Creates Permalinks (permanent URLs) to items in catalog so you can bookmark them
- 'Browse' (at top of page) lets you browse items in catalog
- By subject, author, title, call numbers
- By different types of call numbers: Library of Congress, SUDOC (Gov Docs), Dewey
- NOTE: To browse Juvenile Fiction, do NOT use Dewey Call Numbers browse, use Call Numbers browse instead. Call Numbers browse is for all non-uniform library call numbers (i.e, not LC, Dewey nonfiction, or SUDOC call numbers). Collections without uniform call numbers include: Juvenile Fiction, CDs, DVDs, Educational Media, LP records, and VHS tapes.
- What is PILOT and where did it go?
PILOT is the name for the library's former online public catalog, which used Voyager for its backend catalog. The name PILOT was an acronym for the catalog no longer used. PILOT will be retired at the end of July 2017.
- What has changed?
- Course Reserves
- Go to Course Reserves > Advanced Search
- Search by Instructor, Course Name or Department (this information is found in 'the Course Information' field)
- 'Text me this call number' is unavailable, but you can email records to yourself instead.
- 'New Books' is unavailable in BU Books & More. Try limiting by date to see the most current items in our catalog.
- Floor locations are now embedded into the record display.
- Is everything working correctly in the new catalog BU Books & More?
We're glad you asked. The public catalog is still in beta, so there will be missing data, unexpected glitches, and the like. In particular, searching the catalog for ebooks will retrieve a small percentage of the total number available, as of 6/2017. For now to obtain a complete listing of available ebooks, use the following options:
- Whom do I contact if I encounter 'glitches'?
- If your question or suggestion concerns the search interface, contact Linda Neyer.
- If your question concerns specific items in the catalog, contact Marilou Hinchcliff.
- If you're not sure of the nature of the problem, contact Ask A Librarian
- p.s. It will help us if you can send a screen shot of the item/page in question (Snipping Tool works great for this) and the URL
- How can I learn more?
View the vendor ExLibris' Product Documentation for in-depth answers explaining the catalog's features. And remember you can always contact Ask A Librarian for help.
Andruss Library | 570-389-4205 | firstname.lastname@example.org
©Copyright Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania • 400 East Second Street, Bloomsburg PA 17815-1301 • 570.389.4000