How do I log in?
Current students, faculty, and staff may access BU Andruss Library resources off-campus by using this link.
Once logged in, you will be redirected to the Databases A-Z page to select the resource you want.
You must log in to access our electronic resources, even if you've already logged into BOLT
You don't need to log in to search our catalog, PILOT. (Log in only to see and renew any books you have checked out)
Remote access is not provided to the general public, including those with Pennsylvania Resident cards.
What Library services and resources are available to distance and off-campus students?
Distance or off-campus students* have the same access to all print and electronic resources of the Andruss Library as on-campus students.
This includes access to electronic journals and databases, reference assistance, library instruction, document delivery, interlibrary loans, and electronic course reserves. BU librarians are available to help you with your research-related questions. Just Ask a Librarian if you have any questions!
*enrolled in a credit-bearing BU course
How do I find and select journal articles, books, etc.?
Use the search box on our webpage to search many databases at once or to select specific databases.
- Everything! tab cross-searches almost all databases and the catalog (for books). On the results page, apply limiters on left to focus your search. (NOTE: not everything indexed will be available through the BU Library, so you may need to use Interlibrary Loan for some items)
- BU Books & More tab searches PILOT, our catalog, and includes stuff we own or subscribe to.
- Articles tab limits the Everything! search to articles only.
- Search Our Website allows you to search for specific information on the library website.
What is my login?
Log in using your Bloomsburg Husky email username/password.
As an alternate, you can also log in with your Library Number, a 14-digit number found on your BU ID card (see below) and your last name.
(Use the My Accounts link in the top right banner to access your ILLiad account, used to request articles and books from other libraries and to view articles obtained, and your library account in PILOT, used to view and renew books you have checked out).
How do I login?
Choose either method to login:
- Husky ID/Password : enter your full email address -- e.g. email@example.com -- and your email password (preferred by most users) - OR
- Library ID Logon : enter your LIB# from your BU ID card. Enter it with no dashes or spaces, followed by your last name
How to find your Library ID Logon
Most people prefer to use option 1 as it's easier to remember, but you can also login with your Library Barcode or LIB#, located on the lower left corner of your BU ID card.
Do I need a Library card?
Your Library card is your BU ID card. You may not need it unless you plan to check out a book in the Library.
BU student ID cards display a student's Library Number on the bottom, left-hand side of the ID, beginning with: Lib#22404.... like so:
To obtain a BU ID card, call the University Card Center (the office that issues students IDs) for more information, phone 570-389-5410.
To obtain a Library Number only, call the Library Circulation Desk for more information, phone 570-389-4205.
Can you send me books or articles?
In most cases, yes. Here's how it works:
Use Andruss Library’s Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery service, ILLiad, to request articles or books. The first time you register with ILLiad:
- Enter your correct, full mailing address
- Select “Distance Education” for your Home Campus. (Students enrolled in the joint Technical Leadership or Early Childhood Education completion program with Luzerne/Lehigh County Community College should select "LCCC" for their Home Campus.)
- Be sure to click on the “Submit Information” button.
Articles and copies of book chapters will always be delivered electronically to your ILLiad account, and you will be notified by email when an item is available.
Please read our ILLIAD Distance Education FAQ to understand your responsibilities for returning items (usually books) mailed to you and for further information about items we can/cannot obtain for you. We can only ship within the United States.
Please note: The Library will not supply course textbooks through this service. Students are expected to purchase them.
If you have additional questions or need assistance, contact the Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-389-4218 (hours generally M-F, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.).
What do I do if I can't log in?
Unable to login? Try these steps, in order:
- Verify that your card or Library Account is active by calling the Library Circulation Desk at 570-389-4205
- Contact the Database Coordinator by email or phone, 570-389-4801, and provide as much information as possible, including the URL of pages denying access.
Why can't I have off campus access if I'm a PA Resident?
Who has access
- Only currently affiliated students, faculty, and staff of Bloomsburg University are authorized to access Andruss Library electronic resources off-campus.
- Why? Information has value. Andruss Library purchases or leases many electronic resources. As part of our purchase and license agreements with vendors for our electronic resources, we are required to provide access only to individuals currently affiliated with Bloomsburg University.
- Most vendors allow us to provide access to their resources on-campus to visitors, alumni, and those with Pennsylvania Residents' Borrowers' cards. However, virtually all vendors require us to restrict off-campus access to authorized users only, through user or patron authentication in accordance with our purchase or license agreements.
Talk over your topic ideas with a friendly BU librarian. They can help you with your research!
|-Find and contact the librarian for your major/discpline|
|-Ask A Librarian anything!
|-Tweet @Andruss Library|
|-570-389-4204 Research Center
-570-389-4205 Circulation Desk