What Library services and resources are available to distance and off-campus students?
Distance or off-campus students* have the same access to all print and electronic resources of the Andruss Library as on-campus students.
This includes access to electronic journals and databases, reference assistance, library instruction, document delivery, interlibrary loans, and electronic course reserves. BU librarians are available to help you with your research-related questions. Just Ask a Librarian if you have any questions!
*enrolled in a credit-bearing BU course
How do I find and select journal articles, books, etc.?
Use the search box on our webpage to search many databases at once or to select specific databases.
- Everything! tab cross-searches almost all databases and the catalog (for books). On the results page, apply limiters on left to focus your search. (NOTE: not everything indexed will be available through the BU Library, so you may need to use Interlibrary Loan for some items)
- BU Books & More tab searches PILOT, our catalog, and includes stuff we own or subscribe to.
- Articles tab limits the Everything! search to articles only.
- Search Our Website allows you to search for specific information on the library website.
How do I access library resources from off-campus?
Most of the library's electronic journals and databases require you to log in for off-campus access.
- You must log in to access our electronic resources, even if you've already logged into BOLT
- You don't need to log in to search our catalog, PILOT. (Log in only to see and renew any books you have checked out)
What is my login?
Log in using your Bloomsburg Husky email username/password.
(Use the My Accounts link in the top right banner to access your ILLiad account, used to request articles and books from other libraries and to view articles obtained, and your library account in PILOT, used to view and renew books you have checked out).
Do I need a Library card?
Your Library card is your BU ID card. You may not need it unless you plan to check out a book in the Library.
BU student ID cards display a student's Library Number on the bottom, left-hand side of the ID, beginning with: Lib#22404.... like so:
To obtain a BU ID card, call the University Card Center (the office that issues students IDs) for more information, phone 570-389-5410.
To obtain a Library Number only, call the Library Circulation Desk for more information, phone 570-389-4205.
Can you send me books or articles?
In most cases, yes. Here's how it works:
Use Andruss Library’s Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery service, ILLiad, to request articles or books. The first time you register with ILLiad:
- Enter your correct, full mailing address
- Select “Distance Education” for your Home Campus. (Students enrolled in the joint Technical Leadership or Early Childhood Education completion program with Luzerne/Lehigh County Community College should select "LCCC" for their Home Campus.)
- Be sure to click on the “Submit Information” button.
Articles and copies of book chapters will always be delivered electronically to your ILLiad account, and you will be notified by email when an item is available.
Please read our ILLIAD Distance Education FAQ to understand your responsibilities for returning items (usually books) mailed to you and for further information about items we can/cannot obtain for you. We can only ship within the United States. Please note: The Library will not supply course textbooks through this service. Students are expected to purchase them.
If you have additional questions or need assistance, contact the Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-389-4218 (hours generally M-F, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.).
Talk over your topic ideas with a friendly BU librarian. They can help you with your research!
|-Find and contact the librarian for your major/discpline|
|-Ask A Librarian anything!
|-Tweet @Andruss Library|
|-570-389-4204 Research Center
-570-389-4205 Circulation Desk