General Library Research Tutorial
The General Library Research Tutorial (GLRT) overall prepares students to --
- Determine when information is needed and find it efficiently using a variety of reference sources.
- Evaluate the quality of the information.
- Use the information effectively for an appropriate purpose.
- Employ appropriate technologies to create an information-based product.
- Use information ethically and legally.
Floor by Floor
The Library's collections are located on the following floors:
Reference Collection (1st Floor)
Non-circulating encyclopedias, dictionaries, gazetteers, government documents, factbooks, atlases, etc., shelved according to Library of Congress Classification System, except for gov docs, which uses the SuDoc System
Periodicals, Current (2nd Floor)
Current year (previous years on 3rd floor). Shelved alphabetically by title.
General Collection (4th Floor)
Circulating books with call numbers P-Z, shelved according to Library of Congress Classification System; Oversize Collection: Extra-large circulating books with call numbers A-Z; and Bound Periodicals published before 1988, shelved alphabetically by title
Andruss Library Videos
Video tutorials developed by Bloomsburg University librarians.