The Association will work toward the overall enhancement of the Bloomsburg University Library programs by:
- Sponsoring special projects, which have been identified by the Library and which are in concert with the goals and the mission of the Library and the University.
- Maintaining a website and providing other material to members and the community, informing them of Library and FOBULA events and activities.
- Hosting annual fundraising events (such as the book sale) and programs which bring members of the community to the Library and promote its activities to the schools of the region.
- Working to encourage and support the acquisition of books, diaries, letters and other historically valuable material from people of the region.
- Encouraging businesses and corporations to donate materials and/or funds that will support the academic programs of the University.
- Hosting an annual Author’s dinner at the Library to raise funds for programs and attract new members.
- Sponsoring campaigns for unique projects that would not generally be supported by university funds.
- Providing student scholarships to enhance their academic pursuance.
Fobula Projects Financed
1870 Map of Bloomsburg
Alumni Magazine, 1894-1975
Films and Reel-to-Reel tapes: 22 films and 8 tapes
Student newspaper, 1976-1985
Yearbooks, 1969 & 1972
Archival supplies for the Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble Collection
George Keller contracts and photographs
Henry Carver grave marker for Denver cemetery
Microfilm of Columbia and Northumberland County newspapers (36 reels)
Union Army Civil War rosters for Pennsylvania (4 volumes)
Catawissa News-Item, 1915
Democratic Sentinel, 1872-1879
Star of the North, 1850-1859
Prizes for library surveys
Refreshments for Exam Week
Andruss Library | 570-389-4205 | firstname.lastname@example.org
©Copyright Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania • 400 East Second Street, Bloomsburg PA 17815-1301 • 570.389.4000