Borrowing books and other materials
- Up to 100 circulating books/person may be borrowed by students and staff for 8 weeks
- Faculty and administrative staff may borrow a book for the entire academic year.
- Special loans for materials normally not circulating (such as reference books) may be negotiated. If you have specific questions contact the Circulation Desk, phone 570-389-4205 or email email@example.com
- The Library also has headphones which may be borrowed at the Circulation Desk for 2 hours for in-library use.
- Bloomsburg University students, faculty, and staff with borrowing privileges and no outstanding library fines may borrow a laptop computer for use in Andruss Library.
- Laptops are available at the 1st floor Access Services/Circulation desk and must be checked out with a valid Bloomsburg University ID card. The borrowers' ID cards will be kept at the 1st floor desk and returned to them when laptops are returned.
- Laptops are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and must be checked out in person.These laptops are for in-library use only; they may not leave the building.
- >>>Bloomsburg University Laptop Use Agreement form<<<must be read and signed by the borrower when a laptop is checked out, and the borrowed laptop will be inspected upon its return
- The normal laptop loan period is 2 hours. Laptop loans may be renewed at the Access Services/Circulation desk, in person.
- Users will be charged $5 an hour/each for overdue laptops and for overdue power adaptors. Laptops will be available until one (1) hour before the Library closes, at which time laptop circulation ends.
- All laptops must be returned 30 minutes prior to closing or the borrower will receive a $25 fine and lose laptop borrowing privileges for the rest of the semester.
- Borrower's Responsibilities
- Borrowers are responsible for the laptops charged out to them. Laptops should never be left unattended. Borrowers will be charged for replacement costs if the laptop and/or its power adaptor is stolen, lost, or not returned.
- Any unattended, borrowed laptops will be confiscated and returned to Access Services by Andruss Library staff, and the user will be denied future laptop borrowing privileges.
- The replacement cost for a laptop computer is $1,000 and $50 for a power adaptor. If a laptop is damaged, the borrower will be assessed for the actual repair costs. For technical problems using a laptop, borrowers may consult the Lab Tech at the 1st floor desk.
- User files are automatically deleted when the computer is restarted as with all University computers, so users should back up their work. Save files to a USB flash drive or your ‘P’ drive, or send files to yourself as email attachments.
Returning books and other materials
- Please return all borrowed items to the Circulation Desk.
- There is also an outside drop box in front of the library if you need to return items while the library is closed.
Andruss Library | 570-389-4205 | firstname.lastname@example.org
©Copyright Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania • 400 East Second Street, Bloomsburg PA 17815-1301 • 570.389.4000